Gone are the days when MD/MS degrees were easily available after completion of MBBS. In India, some 50 years ago, its government used to send letters requesting MBBS graduates to come and join the PG course. Guess what? Many of them didn't turn up for PG training. For then MBBS was itself considered a complete degree and specialization unnecessary for routine clinical practice. Now the scenario has completely changed with the increase in the number of medical colleges and yearly output of MBBS graduates increasing year by year, the competition for the MD/MS/DNB degree has significantly increased. Current graduates and even MBBS students need to be aware of the competition and difficulty in getting post graduate degrees in Nepal or anywhere.
IOM PG entrance result 2011 has just published and only ~40 could get through the passing marks that includes 927 out of ~2400.
Since then I met few of my colleagues, all of them were determined that - they would definitely make it next year. I am not being more pessimistic but without dedication, devotion and persistence no one can make it even for 10 or more years from now. This is just a post result hang over. It may sound rude, but without hard work there is no pay back. If plan well, study continuously and avoid all distraction with full focus and concentration, then defiantly anyone can make it otherwise, words without action will yield no significant result.
This morning I was talking with one of my friend about preparing for exams and all for various modalities for most powerful and effective planing for goal oriented preparation. Which is time tested and mother of all preparation techniques. It would be useful to know about the key information that is needed for successful preparation, because your planning start with a thought and;
Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
And character becomes your destiny
Hence, even a thought can change your destiny. Therefore if you want to see your name in the top ranks, please consider all of the followings:
- Shut down Computer (for un-necessarily spending time in FB and other useless net surfing)
- Switch off your mobile
- Ignore all family/friends' functions, celebration, get together
- Quit the Job (many people will have their own perspective, unless work experience is required, otherwise forget about it no matter whatever your circle suggest you colleagues, senior or family - your aim is to score highest mark in the exam, not just to have pass mark)
- Make a schedule and strictly follow regularly such as (you can adjust according to your convenience) everyday;
- Sleep 8 hours
- Study 12 hours (exam oriented books, practice lots of MCQs, past questions and use reference book if you get confused)
- Lunch & Dinner (1+1) 2 hours
- Discuss with friends, and get acquainted with current events 2 hours (talk with people who have make out in the recent exams, seek for tips tricks, suggestion and for their personal experiences)
- Make a deadline and complete the task (study, revisions) as per the schedule
- Saturday - catch up day, revision, recreation, fun (movie) etc. And Monthly wrap up.
- Study Techniques - effective study is also an art, which we don't bother at all, go through, various approaches as mention here.If you prepare your routine and follow strictly for a year, your name will be in top rank for sure be it Nepal (IOM, BPKIHS, KU) or Abroad (USMLE, AIIMS, PGI etc) exams. Believe me there will not be a miracle, only you can make it.
Remember: Its the average student who have topped most of the entrance examination. That shows, the dedication, devotion, persistance, focus, concentration and hard work in the moment (particular time frame) and zeal for achieving success can make anyone topper.
Here I am sharing similar information written just for you;
For medical students
We always say, we couldn't make it this time, better next time. But that next time never comes if you don't change your self for effective preparation. Again, there won't be any miracle unless you do hard work.
It is my strong believe (and it does) that everyone has got the tremendous potentials, it just need to be unpleased.
Even, you can do it, toppers are no different than you're.
Wish you all the best.
Welcome to the world of xenoMED
Please take a look around, and feel free to and Join our Community.
If you want to gain access to more useful and hidden contents .
We wish you a Very Happy New Year 2013 to you and to your family. May new year brings lots of Joy, Success & Prosperity in your lives.